Boys will be Boys

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Day that Changed my Life Forever - Part 2

I paced the house trying to decide the best way to tell the love on my life that our lives were going to change forever. Do I blurt it out? Do I call and ask him to come home right away? Do I wait until I come up with some elaborate surprise? I just didn't know, so back in the car to Walgreen's I went. I picked up a romantic card, and a blue pacifier with a puppy on it. Once I got home I filled out the card with the first thing that came to my mind, and wrapped up the digital positive pregnancy tests and pacifier. All that was left to do was wait..............................



RJ didn't get home that night until 10:45pm. I was freaking out. I didn't want to call him because I knew he would instantly hear a difference in my voice and want to know what was up so there I sat, on the couch, for hours!

When he finally walked in the front door my heart was beating a mile a minute. He was filthy from softball, and on his cell talking with his sister. When he hung up the phone, I asked him to go take a shower, LONGEST SHOWER EVER, or so it felt. When he was done he came out into the living wearing a pair of his ridiculous Tabasco Sauce boxers and a tee shirt, I thought to myself "I have to remember this moment for the rest of my life and he is wearing hot sauce UNDERWEAR".

He sat on the couch next to me, gave me a kiss, and I handed him his present. He was a little confused about why he was receiving a present for no reason, on a Tuesday. He opened the card first, it had a couple on the front laying in bed, and when you open it it says "My favorite place in the world is next to you" then I hand wrote in "but I guess I will have to make room, because BABY makes three!"

The look on his face was priceless. He kept saying "wait what? wait what? you're going to be a Mommy? I am going to be a Daddy? We are going to have a BABY?"
He then opened the gift bag,staring down at FOUR positive tests confirming what he already knew, the smile on his face growing bigger every second.

I just sat there taking in his reaction. The happiness and excitement pouring from the two of us in that very moment was enough to fill the world. We went to bed that night happy beyond explanation, holding onto one another knowing that we are no longer just the two of us.

Our family was growing, and we felt blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment